"[W]hile working in the studiohe feels both completely alone and in the company of others." David Reed, The Studio Reader

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Becca Kallem



We had our first visit at my studio in Capitol Hill, a garage space shared with a photographer and a decorative painter. On good days, working in my studio is like being in paradise. When I can't make it there, I work on little projects in my bedroom, which really is my sanctum sanctorum, and often the place I feel most comfortable and free making stuff. I think this is because I have such happy and vivid memories from my childhood of spending hours sitting on my bedroom floor and drawing. Also maybe of the privacy of it helps me put more of myself into the work, and I feel like that nutures and spills over into my painting in the studio. You can see some of my work here.


No comments:

Post a Comment